Sunday, May 5, 2013

Review: Sex and Death in the American Novel by Sarah Martinez

Sex and Death in the American NovelSex and Death in the American Novel by Sarah Martinez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Compare two of the characters in this book. Alejandro – almost a carefree person. Knows what he wants and goes after it. Jasper – very serious, always thinking everything thru before acting.

How do you define yourself is a central theme in this story. I can place myself as a bystander or friend to Vivi. Cannot see myself as Vivi. Just do not have the creative writing in me.

Which secondary character resonated most with you and why? Tristian. He is one person that just wanted to follow in his father’s footsteps to create great literature and have everyone talk about him. Sadly, he was not able to finish anything he started. The author portrays him as a person trying to finish a novel and get published, but about half way thru the book readers know a different side of him.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment